Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Enter, “The Green Revolution” Series

I intend to begin a series which after much brain racking I’ve christened “The Green Revolution”. This is to analyse mankind’s invasion of his environment and how nature has responded with retribution in its various forms: climate change, global warming, famine, floods, hurricane, tsunamis, etc. More importantly, the GR is about creating awareness of these anthropogenic disasters, abating the consequences while forestalling future occurrences and educating man on how to amiably live in and with his environment, as time ticks away on his continuous existence.

I have a number of articles I’m yet to complete on the GR (ranging from the academic to the trivial). I’ve always wanted to finish them before I kick-off the GR. However, I just don’t seem to get around that bug everyone has to deal with from time to time. You know what I’m talking about – it’s one word spelt P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N. I hope posting this intro will help me hit the road, running – I sincerely hope so!

The GR series will draw contributions from various sources and individuals who desire to. The cynical, paranoid, nonchalant and optimistic views/opinions are all welcome.

A couple of acquaintances (both real and virtual/online) have shown much interest in the GR series. In fact, a number of them are excited about a couple of ideas I shared with them. Some want us to initiate the GR club, establish vanguards in schools……Wait! I’m already letting the cat out of the bag!

I’m contemplating creating a new blog for this purpose. Let’s see how it goes.

BTW: ”What a Waste!” will be the first in the GR series.

No comments: